Common Questions About Advance Directives
- What’s the difference between a living will, a durable power of attorney and a “Do Not Resuscitate Order?”
- Which one do I need?
- Is it expensive to set up a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care?
- Which part of the POA form should I select?
- Do I need an attorney to set it up?
- Can I revoke a Durable Power of Attorney?
- Do I ever need to revise my advance directives?
- Is my durable power of attorney from another state valid in Illinois?
- Who should get a copy of my advance directive?
- When does my advance directive go into effect?
- Do I need a living will if I have a durable power of attorney for health care?
- What if my agent abuses his/her powers?
- How is a durable power of attorney for property different?
- Will I be giving up my right to choose what I want if I sign an advance directive?
Eric J. Parker
STOTIS & BAIRD CHARTERED
200 West Jackson Suite 1050
Chicago, Illinois 60606